Let us take a moment to recognize another academic year of hard work and wonderful achievements — despite less-than-ideal circumstances. Please join me in congratulating our lab mates on some of their successes.
- Jinkyung (Katie) Park: Defended PhD thesis (LIS).
- Ramanathan Arunachalam: Graduated from masters (CS).
- Aziz Almuzaini: Passed PhD Qualifying Exam
Awards/Recognitions: Each of these is a significant achievement. They happened recently and we did not get to celebrate in our weekly meetings.
Publications: (Our lab members are in bold.)
- Ghosh, I., & Singh, V. (2022). “Not all my friends are friends”: Audience‐group‐based nudges for managing location privacy. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology. 73(6), 797-810.
- Asif, H., Papakonstantinou, P., Shiau, S., Singh, V., & Vaidya, J. (2022), Intelligent Pandemic Surveillance via Privacy-Preserving Crowdsensing. IEEE Intelligent Systems. DOI 10.1109/MIS.2022.3145691
- Park, J., Ahmed, E., Asif, H., Vaidya, J., & Singh, V. (2022, February). Privacy Attitudes and COVID Symptom Tracking Apps: Understanding Active Boundary Management by Users. In International Conference on Information (pp. 332-346). Springer, Cham.
- Kulkarni, O. N., Patil, V., Singh, V. K., & Atrey, P. K. (2021). Accuracy and Fairness in Pupil Detection Algorithm. In 2021 IEEE Seventh International Conference on Multimedia Big Data (BigMM) (pp. 17-24). IEEE.
- Houli, D. A., Radford, M. L., & Singh, V. K. (2021). “COVID19 is_”: The Perpetuation of Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories via Google Autocomplete. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 58(1), 218-229.
- Roy, J., Bhatt, C., Chayko, M., & Singh, V. K. (2021). Roy, J., Bhatt, C., Chayko, M., & Singh, V. K. (2021). Gendered Sounds in Household Devices: Results from an Online Search Case Study. Proceedings of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 58(1), 824-826.
- Almuzaini, A., Bhatt, C., Pennock, D., & Singh, V.K. (2022), “ABCinML: Anticipatory Bias Correction in Machine Learning Applications”. To be published in the Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Fairness, Accountability and Transparency (FAccT).
- Beytia, P., Agarwal, P., Redi, M., & Singh, V.K. (2022), “Visual Gender Biases in Wikipedia: A Systematic Evaluation across the Ten Most Spoken Languages”. To be published in the Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM).
- Park, J., Arunachalam, R., Silenzio, V., & Singh, V.K. (2022), Fairness in Mobile Phone-based Mental Health Assessment Algorithms: Exploratory Study. JMIR Formative Research.
- Park, J., Ellezhuthil, R., Arunachalam, R., Feldman, L., & Singh, V.K. (2022), Toward Fairness in Misinformation Detection Algorithms. In Proceedings of the MEDIATE workshop, co-located with ICWSM, AAAI Press.
Hope you all have a wonderful summer break. We will meet on an as-needed basis over the summer. Look forward to resuming our weekly meetings early in the Fall semester.
May 08, 2022